All youth in grades 6th thru 12th are invited to join in the activities of our PLBC Youth Group! We are a fun and high energy group that meets on Wednesdays from 6:30 – 8:00pm throughout the school year and sporadically during the summer months. We also have special activities throughout the year including movie nights, mini-golf, beach day, murder mystery dinner night, and more. Our group enjoys getting involved with some mission’s projects and community service opportunities as well. Some of these include helping pack food for “Feed My Starving Children”, ringing the bell for Salvation Army, and packing shoe boxes for “Operation Christmas Child”.
Our theme verse for this year is: “This is what the Lord says, ‘I have chosen you. So fear not. I am with you. I will protect and strengthen you. I will uphold you with my righteous hand. So fear not.” Isaiah 41:9-11 CLP
A schedule of our upcoming events is below. If you would like more information about our youth group, please feel free to contact the church office @ 218.568.4794. You can also check us out on Facebook!
PLBC Youth Leadership Team
Lexi Wogen, Vladimir Wogen, Joe Anderson, Laura Anderson, Youth Pastor Zach Broom
PLBC Youth Group
Nov - Dec Schedule
- Nov. 1: Regular Youth Group Night
- Nov. 3: Parent Appreciation Night - Youth group member's parents are invited to an appreciation dinner. It will start at 6pm in the Trailside Center Media Room. Youth will be serving the meal and showing their appreciation for all their parents do for them! Youth leaders will be picking up your child after school that day and bringing them straight over to church to get the dinner ready.
- Nov. 8: Regular Youth Group Night/Packaging Operation Christmas Child Shoe Boxes - Youth will take time throughout the night to package the shoe boxes for Operation Christmas Child. We are collecting donations to put in the shoe boxes as well. Non-perishable items such as: stuffed animals, toothbrushes, hair items, clothing, toys, etc. or just a gift of money are all great items to donate for this.
- Nov. 15: Youth Serves supper at church/Regular Youth Group Night - The youth group is in charge of serving dinner at church this night before youth group. If your child could be to the church by 4:45pm, we will be making the supper, serving, and cleaning up. Then regular youth group to follow.
- Nov. 22: No Youth Group - Happy Thanksgiving - Youth and families are welcome to join us at church for the Thanksgiving Eve Service at 6:30pm.
- Dec. 1-2: Cookie Baking Overnight-er - Please have your youth to the church by 5pm on Friday, December 1st. Supper will be provided. We will be making a variety of Christmas Cookies to sell as a fundraiser and also spending the night at church. Please pick up your youth at 10am on Saturday, December 2nd.
- Dec. 6: Regular Youth Group Night
- Dec. 8: Babysitting Night - Youth and leaders will be available for families in our church and community who would like a night out. We will be available to babysit their children from 5:30-9pm at church.
- Dec. 13: Regular Youth Group Night/FAN DAY!!
- Dec. 20: Christmas Party! - Please bring a white elephant gift to share!
- Dec. 27: No Youth Group - Merry Christmas!
We will have our fall clean up at Camp Lebanon either the end of October or the beginning of November but the Dates have not been released yet by camp. More info to come on this.
Youth Leaders Contact info:
Pastor Zach Broom: 763-691-3907
Joe Anderson: 218-316-0603
Laura Anderson: 218-831-5267