All youth in grades 6th thru 12th are invited to join in the activities of our PLBC Youth Group! We are a fun and high energy group that meets on Wednesdays from 6:30 – 8:00pm throughout the school year and sporadically during the summer months. We also have special activities throughout the year including movie nights, mini-golf, beach day, murder mystery dinner night, and more. Our group enjoys getting involved with some mission’s projects and community service opportunities as well. Some of these include helping pack food for “Feed My Starving Children”, ringing the bell for Salvation Army, and packing shoe boxes for “Operation Christmas Child”.
Our theme verse for this year is: “This is what the Lord says, ‘I have chosen you. So fear not. I am with you. I will protect and strengthen you. I will uphold you with my righteous hand. So fear not.” Isaiah 41:9-11 CLP
A schedule of our upcoming events is below. If you would like more information about our youth group, please feel free to contact the church office @ 218.568.4794. You can also check us out on Facebook!
PLBC Youth Leadership Team
Lexi Wogen, Vladimir Wogen, Joe Anderson, Laura Anderson, Youth Pastor Zach Broom
PLBC Youth Group
Nov - Feb 2019 Schedule
- Nov 21: No Youth Group—Happy Thanksgiving!
- Nov 28: Regular Youth Group Night
- Dec 1: Youth Babysitting Night - Youth and leaders will be available for families in our church and community who would like a night out. We will be available to babysit their children from 3-9pm.
- Dec 5: Regular Youth Group Night - Parents: Please come at 7:30pm to find out information about our upcoming missions trip for this summer 2019.
- Dec 8-9: Youth Cookie Bake Overnighter and Fundraiser
- *Please have your youth to the church at 1pm to begin our cookie baking marathon! Dinner and snacks will be provided along the way. We will spend the night at church and then go to our church service at 9:30am Sunday morning. After service, we will sell the cookies we made during fellowship time to raise funds for our upcoming missions trip. Please feel free to join us Sunday morning for our service or pick your youth up at noon from church.
- Dec 12: Bell Ringing & Fan Day!!! - We will be picking up youth after school and ringing bells at Pequot Lakes Supervalu for the Salvation Army from 4-6pm. Then we will come back to the church for dinner and to celebrate FAN DAY! Remember to bring a fan!
- Dec 19: Christmas Party - Bring a white elephant gift to share!
- Dec 26: No Youth Group - Merry Christmas
- Jan 2: No Youth Group - Happy New Year!
- Jan 9: Regular Youth Group Night
- Jan 16: Regular Youth Group Night
- Jan 18-19: Girls Get-Away Weekend - We will leave after school on Friday and head down to the Twin Cities to hang out, do nails, watch movies, eat pizza and junk food, and on Saturday go to the Water Park of America. More details to come!
- Jan 23: Regular Youth Group Nigh
- Jan 30: B.A.Y. Rally - We will leave the church at 5:45pm and be back to the church around 9pm.
- Feb 3: Super Bowl Sub Fundraiser
- *We will be making our super bowl subs to sell as a fundraiser for our upcoming missions trip. Please have your youth to the church by 8am Sunday morning to help us make the sub sandwiches. After making all the subs, we will attend church service at 9:30am and then sell the subs afterwards during fellowship time.
- Feb 6: Regular Youth Group Night
- Feb 13: Regular Youth Group Night
- Feb 16: Valentine Dinner Fundraiser
- *We will be hosting a Valentine Dinner at our church at 5pm. Please have you youth to the church by 2:30pm to help decorate, prepare food, serve the dinner, and clean up afterwards. We will have a sign up available at church for those interested in coming to the dinner. The sign up will be available the beginning of February or you can just let one of us leaders know if you would like to come.
- Feb 20: Regular Youth Group Night
- Feb 27: Regular Youth Group Night
Youth Leaders Contact info:
Pastor Zach Broom: 763-691-3907
Joe Anderson: 218-316-0603
Laura Anderson: 218-831-5267